The Grays Harbor Conservation District is happy to be able to offer a wide range of forestry technical assistance to the landowners of Grays Harbor County and surrounding western Washington.
All of our technical assistance is Voluntary, Free, and Without Obligation.
Forest Stewardship Program
The GHCD Forest Stewardship Program is available to Private Non-Industrial Landowners of any sized acreage, interested in long-term, sustainable management of their forested natural resources.
At your request a local Conservation District Service Forester will:
- Make an in-person site-visit.
- Work with you to create a personalized Forest Stewardship Plan tailored to YOUR goals and objectives, including written management recommendations, and maps.
- Provide technical forestry assistance.
- Provide Tree Farm Certification assistance and information.
- Provide information on and assistance with available cost-sharing programs.
- Provide educational events and/or materials on forestry and related topics.
Already have a Stewardship or Management Plan but questions or could use a little help? Your local Conservation District Service Forester will be happy to assist with information on:
- Insect, Disease, or Animal Damage
- Planting Recommendations
- Management Techniques
- And More!
Tree Farm Certification
GHCD is proud to staff an American Tree Farm Inspector. This Tree Farm Inspector is available for assistance or information regarding the Tree Farm Certification.
Tree Farm Certification is a form of forest certification acknowledging the on-the-ground forest and land management practices of forest landowners committed to the ATFS standards of sustainable forest management.
Interested in forestry? The GHCD is happy to provide forest education events, short-courses, or materials.